1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought one today on sale for 329.95 + free box of winchester 222rd. I already own a 4"and a 6" 617 never owned a semi 22 before. Going to try it out in the morning hopefully their as reliable as the reviews say. One thing I really like about it is you can field strip it in less than 5 seconds.

Attachments

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
Yep. A well made plinker. Bought one for my son and he has several thousand through his. It runs like a clock and isn't fussy about what you feed it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Have had mine now about 9 months.....been through 2 bricks
it has been flawless. ....

They just feel so cheap....but zero problems
I like mine

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bought one for my wife to practice with, since she is halfway comfortable with my Shield (which may turn into HER Shield, and I have absolutely NO problem with that :D ). Very similar and an excellent trainer. And fun as all get-out. Shoots Thunderbolts, too!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Bought one yesterday.

Cleaned, lubed, and inspected before heading for the range. Shot CCI standard velocity, American Eagle, Federal 40 gr., Winchester bulk hollow points, and even a box of the much maligned Thunderbolts.

Experienced 2 failures to feed in the first two magazines. No other failures in the next 20 magazines of rounds. I attribute the two failures to being a new pistol. I think the Compact is a keeper.

The compact shot great groups until the Thunderbolts that were shot last. Then I noticed the groups opened up a bit. During cleaning I noted lead particles being removed from the barrel, so I think the Thunderbolts may have leaded the barrel.

I really like the M&P 22 Compact and look forward to getting more rounds through it.

·
Administrator
73,097 Posts
They just feel so cheap....but zero problems
They're as light as a feather and feel like a toy gun, but mine has been extremely reliable and a great practice gun for my 1911s (same manual of arms). I bought it about a year ago as a reaction to the problems I was having with a new Walther P22 I'd bought just a month earlier. The P22 is extremely ammo-sensitive. The MP22c will shoot a lot of the stuff the P22 won't, and while no .22 has ever been 100% reliable in my hands it does at least as well as my Ruger 10/22. My only real complaint is that the accuracy isn't that great, but for a plinking or practice gun it's fine. It's just not a target pistol.

Bought one yesterday.

The compact shot great groups until the Thunderbolts that were shot last. Then I noticed the groups opened up a bit. During cleaning I noted lead particles being removed from the barrel, so I think the Thunderbolts may have leaded the barrel.
Remington Thunderbolts are about the worst ammo out there currently. Not only have I run across a bunch with badly deformed bullets, but when I shot a couple boxes out of my MP22c and P22 both pistols ended up with badly leaded bores which were a b!#ch to clean out. If you have any Thunderbolts left give them away to somebody you don't like who shoots better than you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts