1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of picking one of these up this week if I can find one local in-house. I haven't heard anything BAD about them. Anyone? Anyone? I'm looking for a new daily-carry weapon. I love the full size 1911, but it's just a bit too much anymore. For a number of reasons I'd like to get something a bit lighter and just a little smaller.

Anyone have anything good or bad to offer on these (besides that they aren't 1911's)?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I've been very pleased with my M&P 9. :)

No experience with the .45 though. Love to try one.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Thinking of picking one of these up this week if I can find one local in-house. I haven't heard anything BAD about them. Anyone? Anyone? I'm looking for a new daily-carry weapon. I love the full size 1911, but it's just a bit too much anymore. For a number of reasons I'd like to get something a bit lighter and just a little smaller.

Anyone have anything good or bad to offer on these (besides that they aren't 1911's)?
Thanks for posting this because I've been wondering about the same model myself, particularly the version with the thumb safety. I've heard great things about the M&P in general, but nothing about the .45 Compact.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I've been very pleased with my M&P 9. :)

No experience with the .45 though. Love to try one.
Seconded. Both of mine have run perfectly, and I prefer the ergonomics of the M&P over the other plastic guns I've tried. An M&P45 would be a nice addition to the collection.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. So the search begins. I'm on the way out the door now to visit three local places and see what I can't find. Will update upon my return. Hopefully my hip will be a little heavier and my bank account will be a little lighter...
:rock:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New M&P 45C under the bed waiting for me to find room in the safe for it. Very comfortable firearm to hold. Can't wait to put some rounds down range with it. Pictures forthcoming as soon as my wife tells me *** she did with the good camera!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for posting this because I've been wondering about the same model myself, particularly the version with the thumb safety. I've heard great things about the M&P in general, but nothing about the .45 Compact.
Warthog, I really liked the model with the thumb safety that I pawed at the shop today, but I opted for the non-TS model because as far as I know, Crimson Trace grips for the M&P models do not fit on models with the thumb safety. They don't have laser grips available for the 45C yet, but from what I hae read they are going to be available in the not too distant future and I want a set for my EDC. I have them on my J-frame and love it. No laser on the 1911, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts