1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I hope this is being posted in the right spot. Someone recently gifted me an old pistol. I found some info on the innerweb, but nothing on how to disassemble it. Quite by chance and relentless curiosity, I managed to figure out how to remove the barrel but the slide is still in place. Can anyone tell me how to get it apart?
Thanks for any input.

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

·
Administrator
75,823 Posts
This pistol that Ian reviewed on Forgotten Weapons looks similar. Perhaps yours disassembles the same way?

Reactions: ruffdup

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hot ziggety! I was reluctant to put much force on the slide, but after getting a bit more physical with it, it slid right off.
Y'all rock!
The internals appear to be intact (firing pin is present) and no apparent damage. It is heavily packed in grease/cosmoline. Any advice on cleaning? Is there any reason why I couldn't/ shouldn't fire this weapon? Thank y'all for such a quick fix to my problem!
I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Reactions: Zack856

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had a Plus Ultra pistol many years ago, having to say goodbye to it after a divorce. It was very much a 1903 Colt-type pistol. It was fun to shoot. Groove diameter was huge, compared to what it was supposed to be.

·
Administrator
75,823 Posts
After reading the "Forgotten Weapons" website that dsk pointed to, that's what it was copied from. Do you think its safe to shoot with modern ammo?
Assuming there is nothing mechanically wrong with it (no cracks, etc.) I'd have a hard time believing that any standard .32ACP load would be too much for it.

Reactions: ruffdup and Zack856

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear! I'm going to de-grease it in diesel? and give it a good looking over. BTW, that Forgotten Weapons website is a heck of a rabbit hole. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
My "Go To" for dissolving Cosmoline is Laquer Thinner.

A small pump to recirculate it and just let it sit and dissolve the cosmoline.

Nice gun, and hopefully it'll clean up and shoot nice for you.

Reactions: ruffdup

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, I found a can of naptha on the shelf, so that's what got used. It worked pretty good, but I let it sit overnight. Cleaned up as good as it's going to. I took some pics- gonna try to get em up in the next coupla days.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, got it disassembled, cleaned up and I guess it doesn't look too bad for it's age. Under the left grip, it's stamped "Eibar 1927" and the number 68, which appears on all the other parts, as well.
Black Wood Font Material property Gas

Wood Gun accessory Metal Tool Fashion accessory

Wood Line Font Eyewear Tints and shades

Motor vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive parking light
Bumper Air gun Automotive exterior Gas Trigger

Someone had a hammer and mushroomed the end of the safety. Can't have nothing nice.

Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel

It's complete and appears to be fully functional, except for one thing...

Office equipment Cylinder Bullet Gun accessory Wood

It's missing the retainer pin for the firing pin, dangit. Oh well, I don't have any .32 ammo anyway.
Any advice on how to remedy this? Will a properly sized roll pin work?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts