1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here have an M1 Carbine? I have a "Universal" M1 Carbine which I had to replace the firing pin on. Well I cant get the bolt back together. its SUCH a pain in the ...you know.

I know they sell a special tool to put the bolt together but I don't really want to spend the $$ on getting it because it wont see much use.

Does anyone on here have any tips? or maybe someone local to me (Central FL) has a tool and would like to reassemble my bolt?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,290 Posts
You pretty-much have to have the bolt assembly tool. I bought a new ejector and spring, and a new extractor, and the cheaper, repro bolt tool, and consider it money well spent. Even if I never actually use the tool again, I like knowing I can get the bolt apart and back together again. Isn't the tool only $15-$20?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
There IS a way using a punch held in a vise to depress the extractor plunger.

The method was illustrated in the NRA booklet on the M1 Carbine but I can't remember the exact technique.

I can tell you to "Pay the $2.00" and buy the bolt tool.
After you're through with it, you can sell it on Ebay or on one of the gun forums.

Attempting to reassemble a Carbine bolt without the tool is guaranteed to allow your wife, kids, and neighbors to hear some words they never heard before.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheapest Ive seen is around $40+ for the tool. :(
Ill keep looking I guess...

RickB are you interested in assembling another bolt? :)

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,290 Posts
$23.65 from Gun Parts/Numrich.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts