1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, anyone here know anything about an M1 Garand mfg by Breda from Italy? I am reading an add in our version of the "Shotgun News" called "Canadian Access to Firearms" where they are advertizing these surplus M1's for $250 Canadian (whats that about $150 US??) Heard they are okay - anyone have any experience? Thanks, NAA.

------------------
Colt 1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
Registered
111 Posts
They are fine rifles. They are basically postwar Winchesters (their tooling was shipped to Italy). If the rifles are in good shape, they are by all means worth it. I, however, am a biased M-1 afficianado. It is truly a great rifle!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Bernie. I was looking at an add for them, and another one for Springfield mfg M1 Garands. The Breda's are advertized in exc. condition. The Springers are rated only 'good' but they are only $150 Canadian. I was hoping to get a US mfg M1.

However, that said, I used to have an original Winchester M1, in exc. condition - so maybe I'll get a Breda then, if they were made on the Win. tooling.

Thanks again, Best, NAA.

------------------
Colt 1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
Registered
111 Posts
NAA, did you get the Breda and what are the specifics if you did. Also, drop me an email if you have any questions about the Garand, I may not know the answer, but I know who to ask!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Let me guess, these are not imported into the U.S.
How can I get a hold of one??
Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts