1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why Garand receivers are classed as "FFL Only, NO C&R"? They are over 50 years old.

You can get other receivers, such as SKS, and many bolt guns on your C&R. I'm not going to build a rifle, just curious.

·
Registered
25 Posts
M1 Receivers

Long story short, during the Clinton admin. the M1 was being looked at as a assault rifle and everyone knows that any part or parts for a evil weapon like that can only be used for the downfall of society. The funny thing is, our government in its all knowing wisdom, once allowed the ownership of the Tommy Gun, shipped directly to your home. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
25 Posts
.45 fan said:
Long story short, during the Clinton admin. the M1 was being looked at as a assault rifle and everyone knows that any part or parts for a evil weapon like that can only be used for the downfall of society. The funny thing is, our government in its all knowing wisdom, once allowed the ownership of the Tommy Gun, shipped directly to your home. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
The first thing we must do is to empower gun control and seize their weapons. Adolph Hitler 1938

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
If I understand the law correctly the weapon has to be in "original military configuration". Since it is a receiver only, and not a full rifle as issued then it is not covered by an 03 license. There has been a lot of back and forth on this on the C and R list and that seems the be the general thinking. Some places will sell a sportarized rifle or receiver to you and some will not. I have as of late noticed that more and more will not sell to an 03 unless it is a complete as issued rifle. I forget what the reg number is in the green book.

Stacey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts