1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking a considerable hiatus from shooting and this forum to study for my CPA I am back :). Couple of weeks ago I on impulse traded my AK for a Bushmaster M4 look alike. Now I have bunch of questions relating to this rifle.

1) Is there a US military manual for this rifle floating somwhere on internet.
2) Can you guys give me any good tips on properly zeroing M4 as well as explain the difference between A1 and A2 sights that were used.
3) Any tips on field stripping/cleaning of this rifle.
And finally wha kind of very inexpensive optics would your recommend for it for recreational closed range plinking for this rifle.

Thanks a lot.

·
Banned
91 Posts
I have a 740k PDF file that I found on the web, it is the Army TM 9-1005-379-10 It is dated Oct 1998 I am about to go to work, but if you PM me with an email address I would send it to you around midnight. BTW, if you want to print it out, it is 230 pages. I am sure cleaning is covered.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
http://www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/

M16A1 Operators Manual - TM 9-1005-249-10
M16, M16A1,Bipod Rifle M3 Operator's and Organizational Maintenance Manual - TM 9-1005-249-12
M16A2, M4, M4A1 Operator' Manual - TM 9-1005-319-10
M16A2, M4, M4A1 Unit and Direct Support Maintenance Manual - TM 9-1005-319-23
M16A2 Marine Corps Rifle Manual

Use the username and password at the top of the page. A good hot shower allways helped clean them up good after a rough day in the bush.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are couple follow up questions :). I am trying to put a scope on mine and with so many on the market it is almost impossible to choose.

Here's what I am looking for: a decent plinking scope with magnification not the $300+ military grade EOS optics. Preferably I would want it to be a short one round about the size of most red dots.

Also my rifle has an integrated (i.e. non-removable carry handle) so I also need some guidance on mounting options. If you have links and part numbers from catalogs for this stuff it would help me immensly :)

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts