1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,761 Posts
+1 for the Shotgun suggestion...Like to know how many rounds from the first persuing cop actually hit the animal though. It is a very instructive video, a lot different than shooting FAST-Drills at a stationary target at the range...Shoot the baddest round you can shoot well. Yep, accuracy first, but good to have a powerful round behind it too (power being relative)...It is very hard to tell from watching a vid, but to me it looks like the perusing officer waiting too long to open fire. I'm all for the preservation of life, I really am, but when someone is coming at you with a machete as far as I am concern they lost all rights to live until the threat is actually stopped and regardless if the person being assaulted is a cop or a civilian. Man, the cop which fell on the ground right in front of the animal is lucky to be alive.

·
Premium Member
8,259 Posts
No!!!!

The real question is where is Black Lives Matter? Where is Benjamin Crump, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson???

Another case of a young Black Man being needlessly shot to death by the Pole-Lease!!!

The only thing this poor young man did was to run with a machete while Black.;)
:biglaugh: Lets see Kaepernick use that as another example of why he should be an NFL quarterback! Punk!

·
Registered
12,378 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,598 Posts
My best friend was an Arkansas State Trooper in the 70's with the patrol area near Little Rock. A call came in late one night at a convenience store about a man with a machete. My friend and his back-up rolled in about the same time to see the low-life who had already cut a few folks; on the command to put the weapon down he advanced on both my friend and his back-up. They put 18 rounds of .357 Mag. from their dept. issued S&W 19's into him center of mass with little effect - my friend retrieved the 12 ga. pump (Mossberg at the time) with 00 buck to end the situation with one round. The autopsy later showed a high concentration of PCP in the perps bloodstream. With any attacker in a SD situation, assume nothing - just shoot until the threat stops. Sometimes it takes some really solid thump!

·
Premium Member
8,259 Posts
It’s amazing when you think about it. Then again, a chicken can run around without its head. 18 rounds and he had to lose a gallon of blood. I imagine the body’s “shock” system is overridden with PCP. This guy needed to be dispatched.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Now the British "experts" are recommending people carry umbrellas and walking sticks to defend against knife attacks. It doesn't appear that these experts have considered that umbrellas and sticks can be used as offensive weapons as well. The Brits should quit "beating about the shrubbery," (Cooperism) and let decent people carry guns for effective defense.

·
Premium Member
8,259 Posts
I wonder how many are going to be thrown in jail for sharpening the end of their umbrella? So very stupid that people can’t defend themselves. I wonder if a wrist rocket is legal? It would almost be fun to pelt the crap out of that doof!

·
Super Moderator
13,487 Posts
One the other hand, London just had a "terror" attack with a guy wearing a fake bomb vest going around stabbing people on the London Bridge. By standers was able to hold him until "armed" police arrived. I guessed they discovered the vest and took no chance, dispatched him with what appeared to be some kind of 5.56 SBR. One shot ended the whole mess.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/london-bridge-closed-by-british-police-amid-reports-of-gunshots

The video of the actual one shot dispatching has been disabled. This youtube link showed what led up to just before the trigger was pulled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAgijjUUQQA

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
One the other hand, London just had a "terror" attack with a guy wearing a fake bomb vest going around stabbing people on the London Bridge. By standers was able to hold him until "armed" police arrived. I guessed they discovered the vest and took no chance, dispatched him with what appeared to be some kind of 5.56 SBR. One shot ended the whole mess.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/london-bridge-closed-by-british-police-amid-reports-of-gunshots

The video of the actual one shot dispatching has been disabled. This youtube link showed what led up to just before the trigger was pulled:

Finally, the British Bobbies have grown gonads to use firepower to end a threat quickly.

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
Another generic nondescript terror attack based on media coverage. Probably an angry white supremacist. :scratch:

·
Super Moderator
13,487 Posts
The London attacker is/was middle eastern.

A similar incident just happened in the Hague, Netherlands.

·
Registered
12,378 Posts

Video is still "up", for the moment, on Russian news:

https://www.rt.com/uk/474681-moment-london-bridge-stabber-shot/

London police were wise IMHO not to fool around with the assailant/thug/terrorist.

One or more unarmed citizens (or possibly tourists, given the location) were likely quite courageous in their actions. Not that courage is a substitute for good armed citizens, but those one or more citizens or tourists probably saved further carnage.

In one of the RT videos, another person is seen running away with a knife in his hand after the police fired. Perhaps a "good guy" in intent, but appears a curious action (?)...if he had been seen by the police, with that knife in hand, he might have been at some risk.

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
The London attacker is/was middle eastern.
A fact that was obviously known as soon as it happened. However, the CBS on line report updated about half an hour ago purposefully excluded any information about his motivation. He killed 2 people and injured 3 but the main thing is we are supposed to pretend we don't know why he did it.

·
Super Moderator
13,487 Posts
In one of the RT videos, another person is seen running away with a knife in his hand after the police fired. Perhaps a "good guy" in intent, but appears a curious action (?)...if he had been seen by the police, with that knife in hand, he might have been at some risk.
He was seen retrieving the knife out of the original civilian vs. attacker melee and backing away from the scuffle. There were many people around seeing him so mistaking him for an attacker is unlikely.

·
Registered
12,378 Posts
He was seen retrieving the knife out of the original civilian vs. attacker melee and backing away from the scuffle. There were many people around seeing him so mistaking him for an attacker is unlikely.
I'd hoped this was the situation...but didn't know with any certainty. Thank you Ricky for confirming.:)

·
Super Moderator
13,487 Posts
I watched those videos and it appeared that way.

The stabber was arrested in 2012 on terroristic charges and was released a year ago.

·
Premium Member
8,259 Posts
I watched those videos and it appeared that way.

The stabber was arrested in 2012 on terroristic charges and was released a year ago.
Of course he was.
Why in the world would anyone hold someone of Middle Eastern descent just because they have been proven to be a terrorist. That would be racist!:barf:
No one thought to keep an eye on him either! Probably perfectly fine to fly out of LaGuardia as well.....

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
:biglaugh: The truth is that those allowed to carry firepower have to be summoned. It will be interesting to see if slowly ALL Bobbies will be packing!
If having a British soldier beheaded in their streets by a Muslim crazy didn't awaken them of the need to be armed, nothing will.

·
Premium Member
8,259 Posts
Ain’t that the truth!
Stupid is as stupid does.....
I heard a stat that more people were killed by stabbings in London than homicides in New York. What does it take? Perhaps threatening to take the tea away?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts