1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please explain see options and provide pics if possible. I am trying to finalize my order this week and need a little last minute help

·
Registered
223 Posts
heavy machine chamfer is the only thing Wilson offers. It's a "mostly" cosmetic option and some will argue that its for high thumb shooters.

·
Registered
123 Posts
To each his own, but I wont have another without it.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
To each his own, but I wont have another without it.
May I ask why? I'm genuinely curious. I actually have the option on my LW Pro, but I don't have it on my standard CQB and I can't tell any difference. Do you guys actually feel something from having the heavy machine chamfer? Or maybe I should ask is there something you don't feel because of the heavy machine chamfer? Thanks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
When your weak hand thumb rides the bottom of the slide, the chamfer just helps a little by taking off that material that it rubbing your thumb. Plus it looks cool!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think its a nice suttle look. Functionally, no sharp edge, doesnt seem to trap gunk as bad, and that other thing I cant quite put a finger on.

·
Registered
568 Posts
My God, I hope Jony Ive doesn't see this thread.

:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is on the list in the gun builder form it says machine chamfer bottom of slide on the right side and then heavy machine chamfer on the bottom left

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok thanks wcr sorry for the confusion just wanted to make sure I had everything I thought I was getting correctly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts