1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to contact Mac's Custom .45 Shop in California ? I've seen posts on this forum referring to the fact that the pistol used by Don Johnson in the TV series " Nash Bridges " was 'smithed by Mac's. I've used the " Search " feature here to find contact info and tried the contact info on the TV show fan websites and various search engines for the city in CA referenced on the fansites to no avail. I'd really like to talk to these folks. Thanks in advance for your assistance.:confused:

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
1.800.222.6276 in other words...;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mac's .45 Custom Shop

Mute and scubie02 -

Thanks for your help and the quick replies guys. I previously tried the phone number on the website you referred to ( I called several times ) and I didn't reach Mac's. Perhaps the toll-free number doesn't work for incoming calls from Kansas. I don't know but I'm hoping someone on this Forum lives in or near Seal Beach , CA and will be able to help me find any phone number,e-mail address or snail-mail address so that I may contact these folks. I tried directory assistance with my phone company, a Google search, etc.,etc.,etc.

Thanks again in advance to anyone who may be of assistance. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think Mac of Mac's .45 shop passed away several years ago. I think he was the sole proprietor and thus the business is now closed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
R.I.P. Mac

Banzaijohn -

Thank you for clearing things up for me. If anyone does happen to hear whether there is a successor to Mac's business/legacy or how to replicate his " Nash Bridges " pistol,then I'd appreciate hearing from them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Paniolo, the Nash gun was based on IPSC/USPSA race guns.

If you take the list of parts from the fan website (and correct all the errors) you could take your request to any gunsmith that builds those types of guns and have it done.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Leave it to Don Johnson to always have the "cool" gun. I loved that carry comp Colt .38 Super in Nash Bridges. I believe it was built on a commander size gun.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mac's 45 shop

I know for certain that Mac, did pass away. I was over at his place a couple of month before it happened. I then talked to I believe his daughter and she confirmed that he was gone. Toward the end you could sense that something was not right, but the end result is he is gone, the house that he worked out of has been sold. God bless my friend.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
if you want to replicate a carry comp..two folks I would recommend on this forum..

George Smith, EGW and Chuck Roger at Roger Precision..

George did a full profile carry comp for me on an STI..it is cool..Chuck has several photos of his on his website..

fun guns...:rock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts