1911Forum banner

Mag follower for... ?

858 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  SAWBONES
Hi

I recently bought some 7 round mags.
This is the one: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=677564

The mag followers moves forward and backward and it´s almost impossible to release the slide with the slide stop when having an empty mag in the gun.
(The follower hangs up on the front edge of the magazine, if i pull the follower a little backwards I can manuver the slide release/stop.)
Now im a little afraid that the followers will damage the ramp.
The gun is a SA Mil-Spec so it has no aluminum frame. (I can see a tiny mark on the ramp tho but that´s from the original mag since I havent used the new ones yet)

Is there any aftermarket follower in plastic that will fit those mags?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Wilson Combat's 7-round follower should fit. Their kit with follower and spring is their #19. It's at Midway as #509-361.
You may also be able to bend the followers you have to work better. If I remember right, those magazines you bought have Colt/Metalform bodies. Not sure where the followers and springs came from.

· Registered
2,122 Posts
David III said:
Wilson Combat's 7-round follower should fit. Their kit with follower and spring is their #19. It's at Midway as #509-361.
Are you sure those will work for him? I think his magazines have welded floor plates. If so, I'm not so certain he can install the Wilson-type follower in those. At least, I haven't figured out a way to install my Wilson followers into any of my mags with welded floor plates.

· Registered
3,432 Posts
You need followers with front skirts to keep the follower from riding forward after firing the last round.

Many of those from Wilson, Tripp and Metalform will fit in welded floorplate magazines with a little fiddling (angulating the floorplate back during insertion).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.