1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried a Wilson mag in my C7-45 and while it would lock the slide back, it took all I could to actuate the slide release...not a good sitation to be in if I really needed to be in a hurry to reload.
Specifically, which magazines do you use in your C7-45 other than the factory units.
The Wilson seemed like an excellent mag...not quite as flimsey in the follower arena for certain.
Thank you for any help you can give on this.
Mike

·
Banned
277 Posts
Was the mag empty? New empty mags are a real pain in the ass to engage the slide on in general and Wilson's strong spring in particular.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Is the Wilson 47 OX a flat bottom such as the OEM mag or does it have a bumper?
I went to a local range/shop yesterday and they had a few used 45 single stack, 8 round mags, one Pachmyer and two no names. I bought them all, I figure they will be good range mags or to carry as my spare.
I will probably buy something else in the near future...most likely Wilson since I have heard good things about their performance.
Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mike,

The Wilson 47 OX is a 7 rd. mag that has a bumper that extends about 1/4" below the stocks on a C7.45 Para-Companion

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had the same problem

It wasn't the Wilson mag is was my 7.45's slide release starting to wear out. I bought a Wilson (what else?) bullet proof extractor and the problem went away.

Incidentally I use the new Wolff 7-rd mags for my full size para 7.45. They work great and I love them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts