1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shooting my SA Loaded, I pinpointed the last round jams due to the magazines. Anyways, Im looking at replacing them with new magazines, but not sure what to get and I look at the 1911 forum for advice. Should I get Wilson, McCormick, Ed Brown mags? Also someone posted about the Wilson base pads being real cheap plastic (think Jim posted that or was it Larry?) that wears bad.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bufford5,

I totally ignored Larry's advice and ordered CMC 8 round power mags for my SA. (Actually I ordered them before Larry posted his thorough review) Anyway, the two I bought have functioned flawlessly, and no more last round "stovepipe" with the head of the spent casing stuck between the feed lips.

Mark

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I use the McCormick 8 round power mags in am my 45's. I also have a couple dozen Shooting Star mags that work great. Nuff said.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have used Wilson Combat 8 Rd (primarily), Shooting Star 8 Rd, Factory Colt 7 Rd, and the factory Kimber mag all without a hitch. Used in a BCP Kimber Fed and Colt "Combat Elite."

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I'd try a new follower and save the original magazine(s). Wilson and CM mags are both good, with my nod going to the Wilson mags.

Several years of ejecting partially loaded mags have yet to make any difference to the "cheap plastic" base pads on these mags.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I agree with getting Wilson mags. I did experience some plastic basepads cracking...go with the metal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts