1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sig 1911 Carry came with two Sig 8 round mags that have the bumpers on the bottom. I prefer mags with a flat bottom. I can remove the bumper by depressing a small stainless "button" in the center of the bumper, but then the bottom of the mag is not flush because it has that little stainless "button" protruding. I called Sig and they do not sell a just a flat bottom part for the mag.

I could grind off or drill out the "stump", but then it would not have the little lip at the front of the mag.

Obviously, I could and have purchased some flat bottomed mags, but would like to use the Sig mags instead of just leaving them in the cabinet.

I see that Brownells and Midway sell a Kimber replacement bottom for Kimber's Kim-Pro Tac-Mag.

Does anyone have any suggestions or if the Kimber replacement bottom will work?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
66 Posts
I sent one of the mags that came with my Nightmare back to SIG because after the 4th round, the slide would lock back. They sent me a replacement - haven't used it yet though.... but they will replace it no questions asked. Just call them, they'll need the serial number on your gun though so make sure you have that on hand when you call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts