1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a flush mount McCormick that holds 7 rounds.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I use flush-bottomed, 6-round SIG-Sauer branded magazines in mine for carry purposes. I've had no reliability issues with them at all.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Metalform flush-bottom mags are inexpensive and reliable.

By the way, a .45 officer mag is a .45 officer mag, whether the gun is "tactical" trim level isn't relevant.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Magazines

Does anyone make a flush bottom magazine for my Compact Tactical 45? If so reccomendations?
Metalform is the current supplier for Armscor. You can purchase direct from them and save $4 - $5 each. RIA / Armscor stocks their magazines as well.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Metalform is the current supplier for Armscor. You can purchase direct from them and save $4 - $5 each. RIA / Armscor stocks their magazines as well.
If that is the current supplier Armscor is using for .45acp Officer mags, I'd use Armscor.
Throw them a bone, save a couple bucks, get your mags effectively warrantied by Martin & co ...
... seems you couldn't go wrong!
Call the Nevada office and ask about ordering some. Shipping will priobably suck on a single mag, but not be bad for 4-5.

Regarding Armscor mag suppliers:
My compact .45acp frames came with ACT-mags, which are pretty good, but not flush-fit.
My compact 9mm came with a Metalform mag, which is flush-fit. I know others have recieved 9x19 mags from other makers with armscor 9x19 1911s.
TCM mags are their own thing, which has evolved since introduction.
Same for XT22, although those are VERY similar to Kimber conversion kit mags.
My only FS came with an Armscor-branded mag that looked awfully similar to the ACT-mags, or Mec-Gar, or Wolff (which all look VERY similar)

So obviously Armscor sources mags from more than one supplier, and has swapped around suppliers at different times.

A recent case of TCM ammo came in a recycled box that was used to ship metalform mags to armscor, I never checked if it was 9x19 or .45acp, or if it was FS or CS mags.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any Officers model should be flush, my RIA CS I use stainless Chip McCormick 7rd but leave the plastic bottom piece off and they are flush to bottom of grip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts