1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....for some of you that have read my posts on here you know that I had trouble with one of the mags that came with my CBob. I talked to Scott at DW and he is sending me a new one. He says the new mag he is sending me is an 8 rounder. The ones that came with my pistol were both 7's. Are all CBob's coming with 8 rounders or could this be a mistake possibly?? I have already replaced the defective magazine with an 8 round Wilson Combat - I would like to think that my arsenal will now include 2 8 rounders and a 7. If they are using 8 rounders now...why did they start with 7's anyway. Both versions have the bumper on the bottom so using a 7 where an 8 makes no difference doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm just a little confused.

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts
The difference is in the springs and followers. Longer follower= less rounds. Personally I can't remember the last time i have used an OEM mag. They usually get left in the box when it's stored in the closet.

I just reach into the drawer with my Power Mags in it and off I go. Now 38 Super will be the CMCs.

No hitches, no problems.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I totally agree with Robert. OEM mags in the box, Powermags at the ready. I just wish CMC would come out with some Powermags in 10mm.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That wasn't my question...

...if Dan Wesson is shipping me an 8 round replacement...why wouldn't it have just come with an 8 rounder to begin with? I know the difference in the mags and what not - I just was wondering why now I'm getting an 8 rounder from DW when it came with a pair of 7 round checkmates.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Probably all they had at hand when your gun went out. I don't think there is some mysterious reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts