1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered that a new 10 round Mecgar magazine that came with one of my BHPs has a loud rattle after inserting the tenth round. It makes no noise with eight or nine rounds inserted though. Is there something wrong with the mag?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
It's easy enough to take apart and see what's inside.
Press the button in the base plate and slide the base plate forward, mind the spring as you do that as it will pop out. ��

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
had an annoying rattle with beretta brigadier( WC version no less) turned out to be the magazines. tried different ones until the rattle lessened. It never went away--no issues per function --just an annoying rattle

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have several factory 13-rounders that rattle when full, but are nice and quiet with 12 rounds. Other mags are quiet altogether. No rhyme or reason. Themost annoying rattle is from the slide to frame fit!

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Hi Power mags tend to do that. It has to do with the shape of the 9mm cartridges.

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
Many magazines allow the ammunition to rattle. Well, actually, there are two kinds of ammo rattle; like in a drum mag, and in a box mag because of follower tilt. You can smack the mag on the floor plate after it is fully loaded which will sometimes settle the follower. In drum mags, those who carry them and wish to remain silent have been known to cut out and install a disc of linoleum or similar material to silence them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts