1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I expected. The more the reality of the incoming regime sets in. The more it will get worse. Certainly we have all seen the drying up of ammo and loading components of late. Magazines will be next. This in mind I reviewed my stock recently and am pretty satisfied with it. The one exception being that I wanted to get a few more mags for the Mini -14.

To date I have had little luck in this regard. I am guessing that Mag Pul P-mags will be around for a while as they are piled up in pretty much every store that you go into. Not sure though as I have been staying out of gun stores and pretty much any other store for that matter lately.

If you need any, best get them while you can!

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
I'm noticing it as well. The peg hooks at Cabelas are all empty, and when I bought some mags online I decided to go back and get some more only to find they were out of stock. Since a mag-cap ban is high on the antis' agenda I guess we shouldn't be too surprised.

When there's panic buying on Hoppes and cleaning patches too then we'll know we're royally screwed.

Reactions: Thedodgeboys

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
I'm noticing it as well. The peg hooks at Cabelas are all empty, and when I bought some mags online I decided to go back and get some more only to find they were out of stock. Since a mag-cap ban is high on the antis' agenda I guess we shouldn't be too surprised.

When there's panic buying on Hoppes and cleaning patches too then we'll know we're royally screwed.
Guess we are screwed then lol!

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
I usually only have about 5 magazines per weapon. The exception would be high-use firearms or when I have multiple weapons that take the same magazines. I have a couple dozen AR and 1911 mags, for example. The rest of my guns are mostly just range toys and I probably will never wear their mags out.

Reactions: seagiant

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Now you just sit back and smuggly post snarky comments about how everyone should have been prepared. 😉

Good idea. I'll do just that myself. ;) 🙂 I've always gotten at least 20 so-called high capacity magazines for every firearm I own. Unless they're revolvers, in which case I only buy 10 speed loaders for each.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Way back when I was a Navy Ordnanceman assigned to a good-size base armory (Station Ordnance) , we got orders to pack up and ''dispose of'' all the 20rd M-16 mags. 🤫There were probably millions of them. Some brand new in original packaging.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
If you live through your initial load-out, you will be fortunate to be able to make it back to where you stashed your next one...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Even ten round mags are drying up after the first price hike.......

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
By the numbers and simple facts you should have killed or have won before you are half way through your first 7 mags. If you actually use your first full mag you are doing great

Reactions: Catorce

·
Registered
23,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
By the numbers and simple facts you should have killed or have won before you are half way through your first 7 mags. If you actually use your first full mag you are doing great
That is a pretty simplistic way of looking at it. And certainly this will not be the case for every sort of engagement. Full on face to face on a level field, this might occur. But on an insurgency basis you are wrong. There are any number of contingencies that you have not taken in your consideration of this. Just sayin.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts