1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Simply ! We are just screwed ! Now a year into all this, ammo & loading supplies as well as guns and mags are just non-existent. I’ve never seen anything like this, some claim it’s because of the hoarding but we’re a year into this and you’d think it would be getting better not worse.

I went to my local gun shop because I needed more powder, it was the day that they get their powder supplies in, but instead of getting a couple of pallets of powder they got 6 jugs, no bullets and of course no primers. It’s getting slim. My gun shop people are saying they may have to close if it doesn’t get better. 75yr old business, what a shame !

I can probably make my own bullets but w/o powder, primers & brass it’ll be a pointless exercise.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hi,
Well I've got 500 mags and 50,000 rds of ammo...now what???
You know the drill. Start selling it to people who can't get any at 200 times the regular price. :rolleyes:

Reactions: seagiant

·
Banned
756 Posts
Hi,
I have no knowledge of this, but...

I wonder if the powder and primers are being used up by the ammo companys to make ammo as quickly as possible?

I heard that was the reason, gun parts were low?

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Get what you can get now and dig in for the long haul.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,
I was just being "funny"!

I keep seeing on these Forums, People bragging about mag and stockpiled round count...

Like it is a contest or something?

You don't need 500 mags and 50,000 rds. of ammo cause...

If something does happen, it's going to be like a Samurai sword fight.

Short and sweet!
View attachment 601988
I thought the intent of stockpiling ammo
was to Have something so you can practice. I don’t think anyone thinks that they will be able to use it all in one engagement.

·
Banned
756 Posts
I thought the intent of stockpiling ammo
was to Have something so you can practice. I don’t think anyone thinks that they will be able to use it all in one engagement.
Hi,
Admittedly, it's sort of complicated?

If you stockpile, but burn it up on practice, you aren't "stockpiled" anymore???

If you are stockpiling for a confrontation, you don't really need a "stockpile"???

Somethings in life, are better to be renewed, steadily, in life, and ammo is probably, one of them.

Hopefully, things will get better on the ammo supply shortly...

I think, the problem is, not people that have been armed for the past 30 years, but new Gun Owners, that have been scared for their safety, from the insanity of the "Woke Crowd" thinking they can do what ever they want!

We shall see, I put up for myself years ago when it looked like Hillary might go in!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,
Admittedly, it's sort of complicated?

If you stockpile, but burn it up on practice, you aren't "stockpiled" anymore???

If you are stockpiling for a confrontation, you don't really need a "stockpile"???

Somethings in life, are better to be renewed, steadily, in life, and ammo is probably, one of them.

Hopefully, things will get better on the ammo supply shortly...

I think, the problem is, not people that have been armed for the past 30 years, but new Gun Owners, that have been scared for their safety, from the insanity of the "Woke Crowd" thinking they can do what ever they want!

We shall see, I put up for myself years ago when it looked like Hillary might go in!
Yeah that is the problem I’ve been having. Stockpiling and then doing extra dry fire to keep the inventory high. And you can count me in that group of new owners. New as of June. I feel I Have extra practice to do to get caught up and wish all the new owners would feel the need to practice.
I’m waiting for a gold star on that comment, feel free to send my way

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does not appear to be a magazine shortage in my area yet. There are plenty of Glock, XD, S&W etc items on the racks at normal prices.
No primers of course and powder is sporadic.

·
Registered
628 Posts
So when they ban magazines with a capacity over 10, will you go out in public with magazines that exceed that limit and risk going to jail and having your firearms confiscated? Maybe you can go to private property and use them but other than that they will probably be unused. Ammo I try and prepare for the next storm. We went through similar circumstances during Clinton, first AWB, and Obama. Adjust your shooting habits to maintain skills and still be able to maintain supplies. On a range session now shoot 50 rounds on specific drills. Slow down and focus on accuracy We all need to make adjustments. Supplies will return just like toilet paper and hand sanitizer.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My local LGS has sporadic supplies of powder, primers, and yesterday I saw a large box of 30rd Pmags at $12.95.
I have a few but actually prefer the ten rounders. I also wandered through the mag section of my local Scheels and pretty much everything I expected was available except of course the 380 Shield EZ mags which have vanished from the face of the earth.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have more mags a n d do not am not paying obiden tax on them I will loose them in a boating accident.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
942 Posts
Check Greg Cote if you haven't already. I'm ordering some Mec-Gar M9/92FS mags from him. And some Okay 30 round AR mags from another vendor.

Trying to find some 5 round mags for the new-to-me Ruger Gunsite Scout has been a challenge. I might go 3 round and any 10 round ones I can get. [3-5 round mags are easier for shooting off the bench, I think we are mag capacity limited for hunting]

Things are crazy, and i don't see light on the horizon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Last month I went to my lgs to pick up 2 more magazines for my 1911 but they were out but got a magazines for my M1A so that gives me 4 mags for all of my tools

·
Registered
332 Posts
After chiton and Sandyhook, I can't imagine anyone not being smart enough to stock up over the last few years when ammo and mags were at an all time low price, what the heck did you think would happen after Trump?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I travel, live in an RV (out of choice! It's a BLAST!) and get to hit new gun shops every couple weeks.

I see mags everywhere in AZ. Firearm stocks on the upswing in the better shops which leads me to believe the manufacturers are shipping to solvent cash customers first.

Few weeks ago a Sportsmans Warehouse had 20 boxes of 100 P-mags on the floor and racks full....

No idea how gun shop industry works but when I worked at a guitars store we ordered say 20 Martin guitars with a small down then a monthly credit bill. Works great till the shop files bankruptcy! With that fact a looming threat with many small shops I think they may be getting cut off or down the list.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts