1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be taking delivery on one of these puppies in a few weeks and was wondering what magazines other GSP owners have had good luck with in addition to the Chip McCormick Power Mag 8 Round model that comes with the pistol...

Thanks for helping out a long time shooter but new 1911 fan!

------------------
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectos nunc --- Not just pretty words!

[This message has been edited by dejacobs (edited 10-11-2000).]

·
Registered
802 Posts
dejacobs

Since nobody's responded yet...I'll jump in and say "Welcome!"

You may be the "Lone GSP Ranger" here - haven't heard much on the Forum from GSP owners. Good lookin pistols - post a review when you get a chance.

Wilson, Metalform, McCormick have good rep's and a good place to start.

JSP

·
Registered
174 Posts
I ran a GSP 2000 through James Jarrett's course in NM. Put over three thousand rounds through it in five days. No problems other than the rear sight loosening and the two piece guide rod coming apart (loose) every five hundred rounds or so.

Super pistol!!! You may not want any other magazines. I have never had any problems with the magazines that came with it and highly recommend staying with same. Don't argue with success.

Again, a great pistol, I took it straight to the course out of the box and it ran great!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JSP and Legalhack:

Thanks for the feedback. Ted Yost at Gunsite should be finishing my GSP 2000 Professional II by the end of this week. 10 days after my FFL gets it (I'm in Kali) I should be able to head over to the range. I'll share my impressions thereafter.

dejacobs

------------------
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectos nunc --- Not just pretty words!

[This message has been edited by dejacobs (edited 10-11-2000).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts