1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Springfield magazines any good. Are there others that are better. I can get Springfields with the loaded coupon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My new SA Champion performed perfectly with both suppied mags for the first 50 rounds.

Based on that performance, I bought 4 additional Springfield mags, using the coupons.

The gun has digested about 250 rounds so far, using all 6 Springfield mags, without any feed, ejection or any other problem.

The SA mags feel a little rough, but all 6 mags performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Speaking of magazines....I'm a new 1911 owner but I have had great success with the Springfield mags. I have a question though...What are the two threaded holes in the bottom of the mags for? Are they for base pads? If so, what kind of pads are recommeded for and compatible with SA mags? Thanks! Bert

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bert,You are correct the holes are for base pads.Brownells has them in plastic and brass.They both will fit,the hole spaceing is the same as mccormick and others.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For what it's worth, I've had good luck with the Sprinfield factory mag that came with my Mil-spec. For $9 each with the coupon, you can't beat the price.

K

[This message has been edited by Kirb (edited 07-26-2001).]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Srpringfield told me Metalform made some of their mags and others did also, but they could not give out their names.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 2 that came with my loaded work great and you can beat the deals you get with the Springfield coupons. Stock up while you. Also another plug. If you call the custom shop you will talk to Deb a great person and very helpful I had my loaded upgraded tp TRP and should get it back soon. I was going to purchase a Wilson CQB or Baer Thunder Ranch, after looking at everything I got more gun and features for less money. I have never had a problem with service at Springfield Armory

1 - 8 of 8 Posts