1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pointed to a Maglula magazine loader by some kind person on a forum to save my fingers when loading the .45.
What a great gizmo.
I'm probably the last one to know of this thing, but I'm still gone to throw out kudos to it.
It I is especially nice in 20* weather. Even the last round slides right in. Works nicely on 9mm or .45, which is nice that two different ones are not needed.
If you go to the range more than one a year, you owe it to yourself to have one of these.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Funny i don't use it on my 1911 magazines but use it when loading the 19 rd. mags for my Sig X-Five. A great little gizmo, they have rifle mag loaders too, which are even better IMHO.

·
Registered
745 Posts
They are useful, especially when you have numerous hi-cap 9mm magazines. (Which is why they were invented I believe) For the single stack .45's it just makes it that much easier.

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Agreed. The UPLULA is one of those things that doesn't look like it's worth what they're asking for it. After using it, you know it's worth every penny. Good kit.

Rosco

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I don't need mine for loading 1911 mags, but I love it for double-stack mags and can't live without it when loading the tight little mags for my wife's Sig P938. Getting the last round or two in those little suckers unassisted is a bear.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Roger on 938. That sucker is a bear to load up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Agreed. The UPLULA is one of those things that doesn't look like it's worth what they're asking for it. After using it, you know it's worth every penny. Good kit.

Rosco
Ditto.... I have two of them. You won't be sorry!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'll second Pizza Bob's recommendation of the 1911 insert. It really helps. I load up 25 mags at a crack and the loader makes a huge difference. And for my XDm and FNP-45, it makes it possible to load those last few rounds. My hands are screwed up from a pinched nerve and my thumb strength sucks. The loader gives me the leverage I need.

dakotaTex

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have one and I use on my 45 ACP 1911's as well as my small 9mm carry when at the range. Also makes it easier to load my 19 round Taurus PT92 mag.

I have arthritis in a couple of fingers and it sure makes loading easier.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I got mine originally for loading up my widebody mags for my STI limited guns and my SV open gun. When I am loading up my mags for a match I am loading over 100 rds at one time and it makes it easier.

I also use it for my 1911 mags but not always. I have never seen that little spacer thing? never really felt I needed it but it looks neat.

The other great thing from them is the strip lula for loading AR15 mags with stripper clips. I used to cut my fingers all the time but now it is easy and no cuts!

Neal in AZ

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mag loader

I've been using the UpLula mag loader for some time. Do they make one for the Ruger mini-14. If so, does it work well?

Thank you,
Bill Cee

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have the Uplula with the 1911 insert. I would never be without it. I even use it sometimes to loads magazines for my LCP. Great invention. :)

·
Premium Member
20,417 Posts
Best invention since the battery buddy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts