1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a fullsize Springfield 1911 at the end of this month and am looking for some aftermarket mags for this handgun. I've been looking at McCormick's and wondering if I should go with either the 7 or 8 round mags or can I use mil surps? As this is my first 1911 I'm concerned about the reliability of any and all mags. Thanks for any and all help in this matter.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
I like Shooting Stars (Chip's magazines), any magazine for the 1911 should fit. To find the ones that work best in your pistol, you will have to try them. If you ahve friends taht shoot 1911s, take your pistol to the range when they go and borrow their magazines. I use Shooting Stars, Colt, Randall (my best magazines), USGI and Mag Pac. My pistols seem not to like Wilson's magazines.

YMMV NWEI VWP and LS/MFT

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Try buyin' one at a time 'til you find what works consistently in your pistol...They're all different and this might save some wear and tear on your wallet...Once you do find what works...buy as many as you can and rotate 'em so they wear evenly...It also prevents a surprise lemon...DO NOT CARRY WITH UNTESTED AMMO AND MAGAZINES!!!

Hope this helps...Let us know which ones you wind up with...You can always trade or sell the ones you don't need...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts