1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will officer sized mags fit or are they a special length of thier own?.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks thats what I was thinking but didn't know for sure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
For the 6.45 you can use the Wilson 47SEN with just a little modification to the base pad. And if you call Gordon of Big Bore Customs at 602-923-1416 .BigBore He can get some for the little detonics (they work in the 6.45) with the detonics style rounded follower for around 26 bucks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Longhair, two quick questions, since I've never seen any of the Detonics magazines.....

1. What is the capacity of the Detonics magazines?

2. Will they fit flush on the 6.45, or do they extend past the end of the grips?

Thanks!

emc

·
Registered
85 Posts
EMC,
The Detonics mag only holds 5 rounds as it uses the round top follower, (very reliable). And yes it does fit flush!

I use the Wilson mags "47SEN" all that is needed to make them work is to remove the base pad and file a little material of the "toe" of the base pad to allow the mag to seat in all the way.

They hold the 6 rounds!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Longhair, thanks for the info! The Wilson seems like the way to go. I'll do some followup and see what Wilson has in stock!

emc

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yea,
I think that you will only find that Wilson themselves will have them.....They were made for their Sentinal model

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to all for the info. As I will be carrying my new C6, I also will be competing with it in IDPA matches. With my large hands I find that seating the stock size mag is a little tough, and I am wondering if an ordinary mag will be acceptable as a reload. If I am going to carry a spare mag it may as well be 7 or 8 rounds as long as it will not compromise reliability.
Any opinions or experiences?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Garandad,
The only problem with using standard 1911 size mags is the fact that with out a basepad that hits the bottom of the mag well if you reload from slide locked open you risk over insertion of the mag...and that can be a b!tch to get the mag out and totally lock up your weapon!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Longhair, thanks for the reply. I kinda knew that, but was hoping for the miracle cure. I currently use an A&G extender on a Glock 23 mag as a reload when carrying my G27. Being all too familiar with Murphy's Law I won't tempt fate. Thanks again for your reply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts