1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a bag of 100 45 acp 230 gr. TCJ bullets ( the couple i weighed went about 226 grains ) supposedly from magtech, sized .452 . bevel based and loaded easy over 4.8 grains of red dot. i fired 1 round into a dry test medium and instead of a true fmj it seems to be a very thin copper plating as it deformed more like a jhp rather than other 230 fmj's which distort only slightly with its much thicker, tougher jacket. have you tried these magtech bullets and what are your opinions of them ? thanks

·
Registered
14,931 Posts
I picked up several thousand of their fmj's several months ago, when they were on sale at Midway and just finished loading up the last of them this week. The ones I have are .452", but they're conventionally-jacketed and seem to be accurate. I've had no problems with them.

Just ordered 1000 Master Match (never heard of 'em) fmj's 230gr. from Widener's @ $49, plus, in my case, $11 shipping.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks walter. i take it yours had the exposed lead at the rear of the slug and thick jacket cup typical of rem \ win 230 ball ?...these i have don't..... very thin jacket or plating and totally encapulated. bottom line is i;m not sure where they came from.

·
Registered
14,931 Posts
Yep, mine have the exposed lead base and typical thick jacket. You might want to check out those "Master Match" bullets at Widener's. $49 per 1000 is pretty good for jacketed bullets.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$ 86 + shipping according to their web site if i;m looking at the right product. ( MM45230fmj ) didn't see it listed as a special either.

·
Registered
14,931 Posts
allanneb: Apparently their website really is screwed up. I got a sale flyer, but also found the items listed on sale on their website. The sale items are listed separately, below the list of bullets in a particular caliber.

I phoned in an order, and they verified the price and shipping charges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts