1911Forum banner

Arched or Flat? What is your preference?

• Flat

Votes: 127 63.5%
  • Arched

Votes: 73 36.5%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it was brought I up, I thought it would be interesting to see what the majority of our Forum Members think...

Your preference of MSH: Flat or Arched?

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
LW, I prefer a flat msh, though I can perform with both. I find that I am more comfortable, or even at ease with the flat msh, and my trigger finger sems to operate more indepentently from the rest of my hand. Thus, less issues with pushing, pulling, jerking and other negatives during adverse training exercises. I do have fairly large paws for a small guy (5'11", 180 lbs). It is funny, because Steve is a beanpole and loves an arched msh and feels more comfortable with his Glock 21 than any other pistol. :hrm:

DW

·
Administrator
79,293 Posts
A long trigger and flat housing feels better to me. However I much prefer the look of a short trigger and arched housing. Decisions, decisions..... :scratch:

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
I have both

Arched and flat, but I prefer the feel of the flat MSH. However, I also prefer the short trigger (all three of my 1911s sport short triggers). There should be more options, like which combination do you prefer. Arched/short, arched/long, flat/short, flat/long, wedge/short, wedge/long, well you get the idea. I'm a short/flat guy, the only arched MSH is for the historical "look" on my WWII GI, though it is a checkered Smith & Alexander with lanyard loop.

Just my 2¢

Robert

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Arched, checkered w/lanyard loop.
Since I started out with arched and shot a lot of rounds through a 1911 with an arched housing, the flat just feels , well, wrong. If I take my time I can shoot as well with either but if I'm in a hurry I have to use an arched housing or I end up shooting low.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hi

Being named Schroeder, having played Piano for years, I have LONG fingers and big hands. Arched, long trigger. I THOUGHT that a larger, Desert Eagle grip felt better until I fired one. Hard to hold on to.

Mike
Wichita KS

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.