1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic mainspring housing on my Kimber is ugly to me. The gun works great, however, I have really begun to not like the plastic MSH. That being said, does anyone have a suggestion for a good replacement? I do like a flat checkered MSH.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

WJR

·
Registered
142 Posts
Replaced both of my Kimber MSH's with Smith and Alexander. The stainless one was nice, but the blued one I got had sloppy checkering towards the bottom. Might want to try Wilson or Ed Brown as other parts I have bought from them were nice.

[This message has been edited by Denbo (edited 11-21-2001).]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ed Brown parts are great. Very sharp and clean checkering, and available smooth, in 20 or 30lpi stainless or blued. I have been nothing but happy with their parts and their promptness in shipping.

[This message has been edited by ~/|ristotle (edited 11-26-2001).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked one up at a gunshow this weekend...just an aftermarket one no name brand got it cheap but looks nice and i was just nop pleased with the plastic either hence the upgrade....just curious anyone here have to make any adjustments to the mainspring housing when installing it? i found that the Kimbers Grip safety rubbed a bit and i had to take off some metal to match the plastic Kimber one i replaced....Is that a common adjustment or just something I came across?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Has anyone seen the Dane Burns "wave" MSH? Someone posted a pic awhile back and it looked appealing, at least to me anyway. I would be interested if anyone here has personal experience with it. I too would like to replace my Kimber MSH!

good shootin', gunny

[This message has been edited by gunny (edited 11-27-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts