1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone sell mainspring housings that are already complete with a mainspring, cap, pins, etc.?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone else here told me a long time ago that the spring would have to be "changed out" from the old housing, so I've delayed getting a new one. Guess they were wrong- thanks for the info.:hrm:

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
Don't hold off because of that...it's an easy job. Check out the link to M1911.org for instructions.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Or check in 1911 "How To's" & FAQ, lots of good info there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
MSH innards

Transfering the MSH internals to another one is really a non issue. I thought that it would be as the m1911.org site "does not recommend" that you disassemble the MSH. I did only because I had to install a new one and transfer the internals. No biggie really.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Do take note, though, that the Springfield ILS internals are different from others. If you're swapping out an ILS mainspring with a non-ILS one, you really should replace the internals as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
S&A Magwell

I have a SS SA Mil-Spec that I just installed a flat (personal preference) S&A mag guide (model # A+GMFS) into. When I ordered it, per phone, I told them what I was installing it on, and for ten dollars more, they sent it with the proper spring and cap ,etc. already installed. That made it a no-brainer to install. Also, that made it possible to keep my old ILS housing intact ,in case I want to change back to original.

By the way, it fit perfectly with no filing necessary and the finish is very good quality and really matches the gun's finish.

Guess you can call me a happy customer of a Smith+Alexander product.

Now that Saddam is caught, does this mean I have to buy all new targets, and if so, who's next???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts