1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed ou the mainspring in my Sistema...Interesting experience..I didn't know there was a cone shaped plug fastened to the lower end of the spring...Played hell removing it...Ended up cutting it out with a dremmel...I reused it with my new mainspring but noted it didn't fit real tight which I suspect is OK...Its the little things you don't know that get ya...Any comments?...Has anyone else had problems removing this plug?

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
The plug simply exerts force on the mainspring housing pin to keep this pin in place when it is assembled. You will notice a groove running around the middle of the mainspring housing pin - this is the detent that the "cone" rides in.

As long as your pin is held in place with no side to side motion when assembled, it doesn't sound like you did any harm.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You are the only one that's had this non problem.Those guns were built in the 30's and were not taken care of. It was probably rusty. New parts for that are cheap and would be worth installing. Wilson makes them and sells little kit with all new pins. Caspian also has a kit. Do it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts