1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd show an easy way to lube and not make a mess of things. I used an adhesive applicator (without adhesive...) used for my fly tying to oil up my pistolas. I got the idea from a local shop that sells these with gun ol in them. I chose the high road as far as what lube to use. Any way here it is. Old news to some but a good idea for others.

-Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use something similar for 10+ years - a syringe (for medicine injections) with the needle clipped to allow more flow. I don't know about now, but you used to be able to pick up a syringe at any pharmacy for ~ $1.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
A 3CC syringe works great... The needle is large enough to not bend, but small enough to be flexible. Just watch the fingers (ouch).. Cheers.. Ron

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
That's the way Militec can come. You just need one small vial and then replenish with the big bottle.

Bob

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fritze- That would be Mary's Pistols. Not sure what oil comes in it. So I just buy my own and put the FP in it.

-Chris

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
They're called needle oilers. They are, indeed, very handy. You can buy them from Brownell's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts