1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I just was offered a series 70 mark 4 Colt Government .45.. I was needing help to determine if I should get it .. I was told to replace the Collet Bushing? Also it seem to not eject every other round..when i cycle shells through it.. would i need to replace the extractor and the ejector? If so should I Get the wilson parts and do it myself? Or do I need to get a gun smith to do it? Any help would be appreciated.. Also i tried to fit my commander bushing on to the mark 4 barrel but the barrel seem to be expaned on the end..so would i need to replace the barrel with a matching bushing?? Thanks so much.. Jokinham :D

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
23,132 Posts
I don't know that you'd need to replace the bushing. The problem with them is that the slide may not be machined to exacting enough tolerances, and if it's not, the bushing can fatigue and fail. If everything is fit properly, the collet bushing should work fine. If you are going to use the gun for self-protection, you may want to change it, just in case. A gunsmith fit bushing should give you good accuracy, and long-term durability. A drop-in replacement will work, but not as well as a fitted part.
If you are hand-cycling loaded rounds through the gun, don't be too certain about how it will extract/eject when shooting. If the gun is in good shape, a small adjustment to extractor tension may be all that's required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.