1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Rudy and I own a manufacturing leather company. I have been reading the messages that have been posted and I want to clarify the story. I have been the manufacturer for Mark's company M/D Enterprises for five years. I am in the same situation as a lot of you. He left with owing my company a lot of money. The last day that I spoke with him he promised to send my checks in the mail and that was over a month ago. He disconnected his telephone lines and removed his web page. I think that an honest man would not act the way he has. I hope that this message does not hurt anyone but the truth needs to be spoken.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, unfortunately you were misinformed. My company manufactured Mark's entire leather line. Mark was never in the manufacturing business he was just a great salesman that would sell my products. Mark then came up with the idea of startin his own company and I would become his manufacturer. With common sense, how can Mark manufacture for me if I am still in business and he is not. My interest is not to cause a confusion but to inform the public that Mark will not return because I will not manufacture for him any more after his dishonesty. For me to say these things, I have to have evidence of the truth.
Rudy

·
Registered
674 Posts
rlp, thanks for setting the record straight. I now know based on your post, posts on other boards, and some emails I have gotten that he was "out of business" when he took my order.

Live and learn.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Don't know if this helps anyone or not, but I believe that Mark's last name is DeCoveney.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
178 Posts
Like I said, Rudy, that's what Mark told me in a private online chat one night some time back (back when he was still reliable).

If you are indeed truthful in your statements (not saying that you aren't, mind you), Mark was in fact a good salesman as well as a BS artist. In the past on various discussion forums, he would even go into detail about how he felt working with shark skin and other tough hides was his most difficult task. He'd go on about how many needles he'd break while making one holster using some of the exotic skins.

I've purchased 3 BS-2s from him in the past, and I commented to him how the 3rd seemed more detailed than the first two. He thanked me and basically commented that "he's" getting better with practice.

If Mark was in fact pulling the wool over everyone's eyes, I would definitely be disappointed - both that he would violate the customers trust and that he would take credit for someone else's work.

That said, there's two sides to every story, and we've only heard one so far.

------------------
Bulldawg's Firearms Page

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Just thinking out loud here, and this is by no means a defense of Mark THG whom I've never met, but is this public airing of dirty laundry appropriate? Or are you fellas just lusting after a defamatiom claim?

Jes curious...

------------------
I knew Thomas Jefferson, he was a friend of mine...Governor Clinton, you're no Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
178 Posts
The problem, gigi, is that folks have sent Mark money while receiving no product. This problem is compounded by the fact that nobody has been able to get in touch with Mark, as he will not answer emails, and his phone line is allegedly disconnected.

The problem is further compounded by the fact that a once-respected holster maker (or provider, at least) has made no effort whatsoever to come onto these forums - forums that he would often frequent in the past, and forums on which he moderates - to explain his situation.

Many folks mention the recent flooding in the Houston area, and some claim that Mark was flooded out. If this was true, you'd expect Mark to offer some sort of explanation on these forums as to why some folks won't be receiving their product. Even if he was flooded out and had no Internet access at home, I'll guarantee you that most public libraries in the Houston area have Internet access.

A few people down in the Houston area have stated that they know where Mark lives and would stop by to check in on him, but it never goes any further. Not a single person who has offered to do this has done so.

Basically, people trying to figure out what has happened to Mark, and since his customers and those that are curious are spread across the country, these forums are the best means for networking. I personally feel that this is the thing to do before rushing off to the Attorney General or District Attorney offices to file formal complaints.

------------------
Bulldawg's Firearms Page

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Fair enough, Bulldawg...it's just that this thread and a similar one seems to be turning into a public grievance board as opposed to a discreet exchange of information...

Again, just thinking out loud...

·
Registered
594 Posts
The entire situation at this point is speculation.
If there is concern over money by an individual they should attempt to contact directly. Obviously from past posts it is not working here. We are all in the dark regarding this situation and as I stated speculation doesn't get anyone anywhere. I am not defending Mark in any way shape or form. I did not even really know him. My intention is that we need to stay focused on our goal which is exchange and advancement of knowledge regarding the 1911 and it's various aspects and not personal/business dirty laundry. I do not come to this forum for that and I am sure a lot of others do not. If you have a problem with an individual regarding anything you need to speak to them directly and not anyone who will listen to you.

M

·
0 Posts
There is already one thread active on this topic. For that reason I am closing this thread.

Although I am as much in the dark as everyone else, I would ask that folks not post specualtion or rumor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.