1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any better help me? Is Mark THG still in business? I have been trying to call him and get an answering machine. He has not returned any of my calls!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am having the same problem. He is supposed to be a moderator for this forum. Can anyone help us here?

Originally posted by rlp:
Can any better help me? Is Mark THG still in business? I have been trying to call him and get an answering machine. He has not returned any of my calls!

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I can not answer if Mark is still in business or not but his web site appears to be down or gone as I get a "404" error.

After doing a search on his name I found his last post was 05/30/01 and those postings he had photographs is no longer show any pictures.
------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 07-10-2001).]

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just spoke with Mark on the phone. He got hit when all the flooding in Houston happened. So he has temporarily shut down the website while he gets caught up with the backlog of orders. Anyone who is waiting on an order should have it by then end of this week he said. If not call him and he will have the order traced. He assures me he will be up and running with the new improved M/D Enterprises soon.
Originally posted by Jim V:
I can not answer if Mark is still in business or not but his web site appears to be down or gone as I get a "404" error.

After doing a search on his name I found his last post was 05/30/01 and those postings he had photographs is no longer show any pictures.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I am releived that Mark is ok and, hopefully, will be back with us soon. I could see where having a lot of orders (without the flooding) could prevent him from posting but the web site really worried me.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC

·
Registered
384 Posts
Glad Mark's OK. I have a belt and holster he made for me last year (very impressed with the quality and workmanship) and was hoping to order another.

------------------
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm waiting for the shop to open up again ... I really want his BS-2 or my Kimber Ultra Carry! My little .45 just cries all day waiting for a nice custom leather holster.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Now I am really concerned. I didn't receive my order so I called back as Mark requested. Now all three of his phone numbers are disconnected. I am going to try sending a registered letter to him but this doesn't bode well for my chances.

·
Registered
212 Posts
BTT

Anyone having any luck getting through to Mark @ M/D Enterprises, yet?!

His #800 had been turned back on, but has since been turned off again. His website and email also seem to be out of service.

I'm crossing my fingers!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't think that will help. I have gotten a couple of emails from posters trying to reach him. Same story missed shipped date several times. No refund. No contact. Don't know what happened but I believe our money is gone.
Originally posted by Johnny Rad:
BTT

Anyone having any luck getting through to Mark @ M/D Enterprises, yet?!

His #800 had been turned back on, but has since been turned off again. His website and email also seem to be out of service.

I'm crossing my fingers!!!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Having a hard time believing that Mark would stiff yall. I have dealt with him in the past and he was always straight up with me.

Is there anybody in the Houston area that can contact him and see what's up?

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Registered
674 Posts
It is surprising to me too. I checked him out on this forum and a couple of others and not a negative comment about him. I called him on the phone to make my order and he was very helpful and professional, gave me a real good first impression. So I sent off my money.

Since then he missed the ship date. Took me two weeks to get him on the phone and he said "I got behind but it went out early this week. Call me if you don't have it by Friday" Friday came, no product. Tried to call and the phone is disconnected.

I am at a loss to explain it but something changed with him. If anyone does have helpful info, please let me know. I would still like to have the holster. Bad things can happen to good people and I would try to be understanding. But I think he owes all of us at least a letter of apology or an explanation. Just my 2 cents.
Originally posted by John Forsyth:
Having a hard time believing that Mark would stiff yall. I have dealt with him in the past and he was always straight up with me.

Is there anybody in the Houston area that can contact him and see what's up?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Originally posted by WaltherP99man:
...I am at a loss to explain it but something changed with him. If anyone does have helpful info, please let me know. I would still like to have the holster. Bad things can happen to good people and I would try to be understanding. But I think he owes all of us at least a letter of apology or an explanation...

Yes, bad things happen to good people. He does owe you an explanation.

There has to be someone in the Houston area that can contact him.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".

·
Registered
697 Posts
This from a thread at Shooters.com:

Gentlemen,

I made some inquiries as to Mark THG for those concerned. The following is the answer I received from his former website administrator:

Josh: I did check (but then lost your email). Mark informed us in June that he was closing the business, and has taken the website down.
Sorry and good luck finding a substitute. Regards, (name withheld)

Hope this helps, guys.

EC

http://talk.shooters.com/room_55/10584.cfm

[This message has been edited by Car Knocker (edited 08-08-2001).]

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Damn.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Yea, Jim. That's all I can say too.

------------------
John

·
Registered
212 Posts
That bites! Sorry to hear about the folks waiting for delivery and sorry to hear I won't get to place an order ... the other "Mark THG" post made for interesting, if not just plain sad, reading.

Keep an eye on your mailboxes for that leather - I have to believe it will arrive. Keep the faith for you and maybe me.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Been following these MarkTHG threads with great interest. All I can say is that I'm stunned. I'm one of Mark's very early customers, back when he was trying to establish himself on a Glock board. He ran all kinds of promotions, such as letting you "test drive" a holster free of charge. He paid to send it to you, all you had to do was agree to use it for two weeks, pay return shipping, then post an honest review on the board. I took advantage of that promo to test one of his holsters I wanted, but wasn't sure about how effective it would be for me. I wound up buying it. Got prompt delivery of exactly what I ordered.

I also called him a few times to discuss some things I wanted in a holster. Each time he was very pleasant, seemed to be very knowledgeable, and very quick to respond to a follow up email or phone call I made. All in all, he gave every impression of a good person to do business with.

I have no idea what has happened in his life to have him disappear like this. It saddens me to think that folks out there have paid for orders they may never receive. I sincerely hope that some day very soon, MarkTHG will show up with some kind of explanation, and fill any outstanding orders. Until then, I can only shake my head and wonder.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

[This message has been edited by Fred (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Back on March 8, Mark stated that he'd been hired as a Reserve Deputy Constable for Precint 2 in Montgomery County, Texas. http://glocktalk.gunserver.com/docs/gtubb/Forum14/HTML/002525.html
As it appears that he holds a Texas Peace Officer Commission, he should be easy to track.
On a related note, Mark posted a message at GlockTalk's CopTalk forum on Wednesday.

[This message has been edited by TxShooter (edited 08-10-2001).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
TxShooter, could you give the topic that Mark posted to on Glocktalk this past Wed.? He owes me a little bit of money. I've already written it off but sometimes I like being a pain...Thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts