1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across a 4.25" 1997 Baer Concept VII in a local shop. The gun originally had an alloy frame that developed a hairline fracture, and was sent back to Baer where it was replaced with a steel frame, the springs were replaced, and it was re finished. Since being re worked a the factory, it's had a total of 5 rounds put through it- by me; it shot a 1 hole, 20 yard group.

All in all, an impressive pistol. My question for the SMEs here is what is fair market value for such a gun?

Thanks for any input.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, it wasn't 1x .453" hole, more like one ragged .75" hole... the gun shoots, no doubt about it.

My inquiry is because the shop is asking close to new MSRP for this essentially rebuilt, but almost 20 year old, gun. The provenance has some value as well, but not too much- at least to me. Hence the curiosity as to market values.

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
I would think it would be a $1300-$1400 gun depending on it's looks/finish.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has essentially a new blued finish... it looks like an NIB gun at a glance, you have to dig into it a bit th see the normal wear.
I was thinking about trying to get it in the $1250-$1350 range, so I wasn't too far off

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Last month I paid $1500 for a used Concept VIII. Based on what you are saying I would pay the same for this CVII...

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Last month I paid $1500 for a used Concept VIII. Based on what you are saying I would pay the same for this CVII...
I think you did well, from the prices I see at GB. The other prices spoken of would be excellent, however, I think most likely not going to to happen, but in this market you never know.

Also, if it started life with a light weight frame, it was probably a CX...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts