1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else here see the full 2 page ad with Martin Sheen spouting off about how he would defend the 1st Amendment?
It was in this month's Vanity Fair. Don't know if it was anywhere else. Musta cost a fortune, but when you've got liberal deep pockets backing you, why not do it?

I wish some rich or famous person would do the same full 2 page ad for the 2nd Amendment in a national magazine like People or something.....

·
Registered
865 Posts
Obviously there is not much of a threat to Sheen's First Amendment rights if he is "allowed" to take out a two page ad about it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I wonder how Actor Sheen would "defend" the First Amendment. We need the Second Amendment in order to protect the First Amendment. Where does he stand on the Second Amendment?

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Paveway said:
Did anyone else here see the full 2 page ad with Martin Sheen spouting off about how he would defend the 1st Amendment?
Well thats fine sentiment but what is he going to defend it with? Harsh language?

People who only value certain parts of the Bill of Rights really grate on my nerves.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
hjk said:
Where does he stand on the Second Amendment?
Dear hjk,

I don't really know how he stands on the ammendment, but he apparently believes in gun control laws. Sheen is on the NRA's list of celebrities who have spoken out for anti gun causes, legislation, and groups. To see the list click on "Join The NRA's "Good Guys" List" and then click on the listing of "National Organizations With Anti-Gun Policies" at the link below. Stay safe, Gary
http://www.mynra.com/frame.cfm? tit...lative Action<br />&url=http://www.nraila.org

*edited to try and clean up the link.*

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Sheen really gets on my nerves. Hes got such a big mouth I almost cant overlook his liberalness in Apocalypse Now, one of my favorite films where I liked his performance as well:

"Captain Willard are you in there?"

"Yeah Im coming."

"Are you alright Captain?"

"Whats it look like?" (naked, hung over, wrapped in a blood soaked bedsheet with blood smeared all over his face and chest)

:biglaugh:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Kind of missing the point on this one.

Communists are presently complaining about attacks on the 1st amendment where there aren't any (well, aside from "Campaign Finance Reform" and "Media Ownership Limits", and "Giving free time to other points of view if you're a radio channel that carries Rush Limbaugh - which they support).

It's a smart counter - those that fight freedom some vehemently (like Sheen here) can present themselves as being oppressed because some people are privately still able to criticize him.

Sheesh - Martin Sheen run a 1 hour Democratic weekly political commercial/strawman smear of his opponents for goodness sakes.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Martin Sheen is a pompous dimwit. Nothing more than a trained monkey dancing around begging for your money for his livelihood.

·
Registered
172 Posts
and then screaming "McCarthyism!" if you choose not to give it to him

that's the mentality of the hollywood elite.. they assume that the only God-given right is their right to fame and fortune at your expense

another great example is that brilliant couple, Brad Pitt and Jenny Aniston who have decided that the best statesmen in the world aren't quite as capable as a couple egotistical actors when it comes to solving a 3000 year old religious dispute.. I believe they plan to distribute dvd copies of Friends to every palestinian that promises not to blow up a jew for a whole year

however, Brad did have some choice words about the political climate in Tibet when he was working on '7 Years In Tibet'.. he said, "Who cares what I think China should do (about Tibet)? I'm a f***ing actor ... I'm a grown man who puts on makeup."

maybe someone should remind his wife

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
JoeFriday said:
And then screaming "McCarthyism!" if you choose not to give it to him

That's the mentality of the hollywood elite.. they assume that the only God-given right is their right to fame and fortune at your expense
Laff! Aint that the truth. They want me to quietly allow them to vomit all over the flag and Constitution, urinate on my religious and other beliefs, and THEN they want me to pay them to do it! Isnt it unbelievable?

PS Nice sig.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts