1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I am new to the forum but have been lurking for some time...I wanted to share something with the group that you might find interesting...I am certainly open to comment

I have as my title suggests a Series ONE type build pistol...it is brand new but there is no firing pin safety and there is no hole in the slide or other tell-tale signs it was "forgot" to be installed from Kimber (I have seen one of the other size (3 inch) and it has the safety...the Dealer had 2 and both were the same (but I had a choice and got a nice trigger)

The Only other Kimber I was aware of w/o the firing pin safety was the Dersert Warrior and had heard rumors it was to become a Series II Pistol.

This is a brand new Gun for them...Has anyone seen or own a 4 inch Master Carry Pro that can collaborate my post for the purpose of validation with this new model? It was the primary reason I bought it...A Stainless Slide and Stainless 4 inch Bull Barrel didn't hurt either...I found the Pistol to point much better with the bobbed tail and I have big hands because they fit my height 6' 6"

100 rds out of the box was ripping a single hole in a 5 inch circle at 15 yards or so...I'm 57 and not as stable nor do I see as well as I once did...The Grips BTW are Crimson Trace Master Series...Brighter, longer beam and free batteries for life whatever that means. I traded a HK USP Tactical and some boot for it and I would say it shoots better to 25 yrds then the HK starts to show its size advantage but you are not gonna wear that HK IWB and the Kimber is very comfortable to wear. The bobbed tail does help with printing but it's really not an issue with me anyway.

3B

·
Premium Member
20,427 Posts
When you buy your accessories remember that Kimber makes 4" guns, NOT Commanders which are 4.25". Top shelf holsters are not interchangeable. Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Kimber makes it real simple. If it has a II on the slide, it has the safety. If it doesn't, then there is no FP block.

Kimber made the Warrior in both configurations, with a safety and without. The Warriors with the safety were called and rollmarked Warrior II's as opposed to just Warrior or Desert Warrior.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you buy your accessories remember that Kimber makes 4" guns, NOT Commanders which are 4.25". Top shelf holsters are not interchangeable. Welcome to the forum!
I stand corrected...indeed, the Master Carry Pro is only a *Commander* in the sense of a Moniker borrowed from Colt. How does a 4 inch pistol not fit a holster designed for a 4.25 inch pistol? it is after all a full size 1911 bobbed with an inch sliced off the barrel/slide.

I would certainly agree not to throw the *Commander* name around just for the sake of confusion...IE: If you mean a Colt Commander will not fit a holster designed for a Kimber 4 inch Master Carry Pro, then we concur.

thanks for the welcome...I hope I can add beneficial input that is factual and informative like I have seen others such as yourself do

Sincerely, 3B

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
A 4" gun usually fits in a well made commander holster but it's not always ideal. In some not so well made it won't fit well. But I don't think that's the point. :D

Often the term "commander sized Kimber" gets tossed around amongst those that understand it's not exactly commander sized or as a generalization sort of. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts