1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have already read this at pistolsmith.com forum, but for those who didnt, here is a brief review of my Max Con V from http://www.brommelandgunleather.com in action.

This past weekend, I attended Randy Cain's Tactical Handgun 101. What a guy! If you ever have the chance, take his class(es). He is great. When i was preparing for this class, I debated whether to work from this holster as it is an iwb, designed for concealment, and not so much for range work. WRONG!! I settled on working from it only, as it is my primary mode of carry for a 5" 1911. I was the only person working from concealment. And did Gary's rig ever work! The comfort of this holster and belt while driving over an hour and home each day was outstanding. On the range, I feel I was not really at any speed disadvantage vs the owb holsters that were on the line. The only real handicap was just being 'me':D :D . Quite a few students were very impressed w the MCV, both for its sturdiness and slim profile. The matching belt aided greatly in support and keeping everything where it should be.

I know a lot of you here already have great rigs, but for those of you looking for a comfortable, concealeble, serviceable rig, give Gary a call. If the MCV is not what you're looking for, one of his other models will get you safely thru the night.

dan
(slydel0kt)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Dan, I know what you mean by the holster being comfortable to wear. I am using Gary's MCV for my 5" 1911 also. I've been doing a 4 hour round trip drive from Phoenix to Tucson and back due to my father being in the VA hospital for quadruple bypass. I wear mine at 4 o'clock and the only thing I feel is the checkering on bottom of edge of the grip panel, which by the way is made by Scott Sensing. Gary's holster and Scott's grips, a great combo.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude,

sorry to hear about your pop. i pray he's doing well. stuff like this is always tough at the holidays. keep us all posted on his condition-guys here seem to be rather family oriented.

dan
(slydel0kt)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thanks Dan for your thoughts and prayers. Knowing my dad, he'll be well enough by Monday to start telling the people in the ICU unit how to run the place.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hey Slydlok and slydel0kt, are you two somehow related? :scratch:

·
Registered
767 Posts
I see why you are the missing joker:D .

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thanks Gary

Well my dad proved me wrong, I went to see him yesterday and they have him walking around already and that was a mistake because he is already telling all the doctors and nurses how to run the ICU. The nurses can't want to transfer him to Step Down ward, which may well be today.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
delighted to hear that, sir. I'm sure yer pops'll have 'em squared away shortly.

no, Slydlok and I (slydel0kt) are not related. we just share a penchant for great creativity in names, and good carry gear :D

dan

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hey Dan

I apologize for hijacking your thread. Now back to the subject, sort of. I'm getting ready to go see dad, and I'm switching holsters today to the MaxCon III, another great holster by Gary Brommeland. I carry my bobtailed Kimber SS Pro Carry in it. MCIII is also very comfortable holster just like the MCV.

For you guys that are not familiar with the MCIII, it's a IWB with a wide foot print, reenforced mouth, similar to the Milt Sparks EX holster. Mine has the solid belt loop. It's my favorite Brommeland holster, no the MCV is my favorite, no the MCIII, they're both my favorite holsters, both are comfortable to wear all day. Like I said before, Gary's holster are great. The only thing that reminds me that I'm carrying is the checkering on the grip panels and if I swap out the panels with smooth ones, well, sometimes I have to reach back to see if I'm carrying.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi jacking not a problem. keep us posted on your father's condition. Happy (insert one here: ).
holidays
Christamas
Hannukah
Kwanza

dan

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts