1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Cperlas,

You are probably going to see arguments on both sides of the “unlawful carry by a license holder law”. You live in Texas so this will definitely affect you. Some guys believe in carrying no matter what. I'll just tell you what I do. I do not carry in any area that is considered against the law. Look at it this way, you are taking a pretty big risk, and some are willing to take that risk. But, it is an automatic third degree felony (2-10 and a possible $10,000 fine) if you are caught. Maybe you can get it pleaded down and maybe you can't. If I were the prosecutor, I would definitely go for a felony conviction. If you're convicted, you can't have any weapons for five years from the date you are released from prison. It doesn’t stop there, after the first five years; you may only have a weapon in your home. When I went through my CCW class, the instructor made a special point of telling everyone to leave the weapon in the vehicle before going into a building that was considered unlawful. Personally, I’ve never had anything above a traffic ticket, it would be a bear to end up with a felony on my record just because I had to carry and couldn’t stand to leave it in the car.

------------------
Samual Adams: "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." (Convention of the Commonwealth of Mass., 86-87)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.