1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used MC Operator from a friend of mine, and I love it. While browsing the S.A. website, however, I noticed that all the MC Ops they show have a short light rail, where mine has the full size rail ala the TRP Operator. Did S.A. originally make the MC OP with a full-size rail, or do I not have what I think I have?
From S.A. website:

Mine:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Your gun is not an MC Operator. It is a loaded Operator. A couple of years ago, Springer offered three pistols in the Operator line. Mil Spec, loaded, and TRP. Why they dropped the Mil Spec and Loaded is a mystery. I would buy a loaded Operator in a minute. Of course, the MC is pretty nice too, and it's "half rail" is more popular than the ful. Nice pistol. Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice purchase.

If Springfield still made the MILSPEC Operator w/rail, or the LOADED Operator, I would have been all over that.

Not like I'm disapointed with my SS LOADED. But the TRP Operator is a bit out of my price range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I'm not too worried about IDPA, I actually bought it as a duty weapon(I'm a volunteer with a local law enforcement agency). Anyone know of a good, reasonably priced concealment holster that will fit the full-rail weapon?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts