1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got an mc operator, only got about a 200 rounds or so through it, which brings me to my question which is how many rounds should be put through it to brake it in, kinda new to the forum

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a MC Operator. It is my first 1911. I love it. I feel a pistol is "broken in" with 500rds thru it. So far I have about 400 trouble free rd's thru mine. My only complaint, is the rear sight. It is "drift" adjustable. At 25yds, it is shooting 1" to the right. 230grn Winchester White box ammo.

After removing the set screw, and using a leather mallet, (Don't want to damage the finish) tapping on the rear sight, (I want to move it a smidgen to the left) I cannot get the sight to move. I have even placed the gun on it's left side and placed drops of oil in the sight groove, and let it sit over night. I still cannot get the rear sight to move. Do they use a hydraulic press at the Springfield shop to install the sights????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glockdude1 said:
I have a MC Operator. It is my first 1911. I love it. I feel a pistol is "broken in" with 500rds thru it. So far I have about 400 trouble free rd's thru mine. My only complaint, is the rear sight. It is "drift" adjustable. At 25yds, it is shooting 1" to the right. 230grn Winchester White box ammo.

After removing the set screw, and using a leather mallet, (Don't want to damage the finish) tapping on the rear sight, (I want to move it a smidgen to the left) I cannot get the sight to move. I have even placed the gun on it's left side and placed drops of oil in the sight groove, and let it sit over night. I still cannot get the rear sight to move. Do they use a hydraulic press at the Springfield shop to install the sights????

mine actually drifted on its own when i was shootin it on a hunting trip, my first as well, love the looks especially. I just took a screw driver and use the end to knock it in place. didnt think i was gonna be able to but i did

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sounds better than one of my Loaded's. If you retracted the screw and turned the pistol to one side, the rear Novak sight would slide out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gary1911A1 said:
Not up on the MC Operator, but if you have night sights be careful as hitting the rear sight might destroy them.
Mine does have the night sights. I will keep what you said in mind.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm a new owner of an MC operator. Truly a beautiful and well-put-together gun, just like the TRP.

Anyways, I disassembled my gun and noticed that my hammer has 2 half-cock notches. I've never seen this on any 1911. Do you have this feature also?

Also, did yours come w/ an 18.5# recoil spring?

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts