1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through my mags the other day it it sure looks to me as if CMC and Kimber use the same mag body. I noticed on my CMC mag paperwork that they want to be informed if the follower is copied. Other than the follower, my Kimber mag looks the same. I was looking at Metalforms website and they too look pretty similar. Anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Kimber ships Chim McCormick magazines with most of their pistols. An alternate magazine available with some of the Kimber products is MecGar. Probably those Kimber mags that look like the McCormicks ARE McCormicks. I heard rumors for years that Metalform actually manufactures the tubes for McCormick, but have never confirmed that one. I guess it's kinda like car batteries, a million different names on the market, and only about 4 manufacturers.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a Kimber Classic Custom Royal. I bought NIB. The 7 rd mag that came with it has ( made in Italy ) stamped on it. It seems to be a good mag. I have not had any problems with it. I don't know what brand it is though .

------------------
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. NRA LIFE MEMBER

1 - 4 of 4 Posts