1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I order Willson Combat springs and followers for all my mags yesterday, hope to see them by friday as I did two day air shiping. $4.95 per spring and follower kit is pretty hard to beat.

Wes

·
Registered
125 Posts
www.wilsoncombat.com go to the magazine accesories section, and kit #19 includes a new spring and follower for all of 4.95 each. No tax, but there is shiping. I think it is all of 6.60 though for ground shiping unless you make some huge order.

Wes

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, I was told by willson that they would be, but that you will drop back to 7rds instead of 8rds. I will see this weekend!

For the record, the follower on the Kimber mag looks different than the Chip McCormick I have in only one way. The Kimber follower, at the front end of the follower, has tab that extends down, which would appear to keep the follower from rocking forward and hitting the frame. I still plan to go to plastic followers on the kimber mags though to CMA.

Wes

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think the biggest problem with the CMC follower is it lacks the lenght on the back side that most followers have, but the follower in the Kimber mag that came with my Tactical II seems to solve the issue.
Check out these pics, black is Kimber and stainless is CMC:

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
MadDog said:
Has anyone tried to put a Wilson plastic follower in a CMC Shooting Star or Power Mag? If so how did you get the Wilson follwer into the mag body? My wilson followers have to be removed from the bottom by taking the base plate off. All of my CMC mags have welded base pads and you get the follower out by angling them forward and then out past the feed lips.

Please help!!!!!!!
MadDog :confused:
Wilson mags require a different spring and follwer replacement set than all the other mags on the market.

Here was the email I recived concerning them:
The follower in our spring kit is a polymer follower. There is one spring kit that should fit both of the magazine types that you have, it is the #19. If you have 8 round magazines this is not the case as there is one set-up for our magazine and a different one for the other brands.
Thanks,
Greg Gimenez
Wilson Combat & Scattergun Technologies - On Your Side
www.wilsoncombat.com

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would dissagree with what info you recived on the #19 spring kit. This is what I emailed Willson:

I have a question concerning another potential order from me. I would like to get 5 springs and followers. I would prefer the Replacement 7rd follower/spg kits. I have two questions. The most improtant question I have about the kit is if the follower is plastic? The second question is will these kits fit your standard 1911 gov't seven round mags, as well as chip mccormic mags?

Thanks,
Wes
The response I recived was the following:

The follower in our spring kit is a polymer follower. There is one spring kit that should fit both of the magazine types that you have, it is the #19. If you have 8 round magazines this is not the case as there is one set-up for our magazine and a different one for the other brands.
Thanks,
Greg Gimenez
Wilson Combat & Scattergun Technologies - On Your Side
www.wilsoncombat.com
So, I don't see why they recomended the kit you mentioned, which I think is actually the rebuild kit for their mags.

I will pull out my catalouge and look tommarow. I have yet to install the new springs and followers that didn't arrive until Monday despite ordering on Tuesday at 6pm via internet and paying for two day shiping.

If they gave me the wrong info on the springs and followers, I can assure you and willson combat that I will take my future bussiness elsewhere.

Wes

·
Registered
125 Posts
For the record, I installed my Willson Combat mag springs and followers last night.

The #19 kit, a mag spring and follower for $4.95, needs two points of info for potential buyers:

1) This kit is intended for 7 rd magazines only. If you have an 8rd shooting star mag, it works just fine, but, you will end up with a 7rd mag. This was a fine trade off for me as I only had one 8rd shooting star mag, and I figgure it is better for me to train with 7rd mags exclusivly so I trian the way I will shoot in combat.(IE it would suck to forget if I was on my 8rd mag or other 4 7rd mags)

2) The plastic followers are injection mold designs. So, if you look at the underside of the followers, you should see a small circle from where the plastic is injected. If you don't see an almost flat circle, but you do see a rod/tube/tail that is standing out of the follower, you need to trim it off. If you don't, it binds on the spring as the spring compresses and will keep you from fitting all your rds in the mag. I suggest a small pocket knife for the job.

Now, Willson Combat does sell a spring a follower kit (#266,45C) for $7.95 each which will convert your standard 7rd mags over to 8rd. I have not purchased these, but Mr. MadDog did so perhaps he will fill us in on them.

Wes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.