1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Has anyone tried to put a Wilson plastic follower in a CMC Shooting Star or Power Mag? If so how did you get the Wilson follwer into the mag body? My wilson followers have to be removed from the bottom by taking the base plate off. All of my CMC mags have welded base pads and you get the follower out by angling them forward and then out past the feed lips.

Please help!!!!!!!
MadDog :confused:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Just took the plastic follower and spring out of one of my Wilson's and put it in one of my CMC Shooting Star mags. Fits just fine and works perfectly. 50 rounds through the mag with no problems. I will keep using this setup for target practice for a while before I decide to trust my life to them, but for $7.95 per spring and follower combo I can afford to convert the other six CMC mags that I have.

MadDog :p

·
Registered
645 Posts
The part number you are looking for is #19 for $4.99 however these are the replacments for the stock Wilson mags. I just tried one in a CMC Shooting Star mag and it worked pretty well. I called Wilson and they tell me that kit is not made for CMC, Kimber or Colt mags. They said to use kit # 266-45C so I purchased a few for $7.95 each. I will let ya'll know how they work when they come in.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wangstang -

Wilson gave me just the opposite information. They said the #19 kit will work for Wilson and Colt mags but the #266-45C is better for the Shooting Star mags because the follower comes down just a little farther in the front which is supposed to be designed specifically for CMC mags. I put some #19 kits in CMC mags and they work well but I thought I would give a kit made specifically for CMC's a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.