1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of the damage caused by McCormick style followers. This is mild compared to others I've seen. Thanks to the dump truck full o' sand drivin' game master for letting me take pics of his CDP.

:D

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL! Well where the heck is Brian Majors when ya need him? ;) I'm sure the proprietor of this ghastly CDP would love his pistol to become infamous. :p

:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Skunkabilly said:
So is the 8rd mag that comes with the Kimber Tacticals the McCormick?
Hiya Skunkie!

It is very possible that the Tacticals come with McCormick styled mags. My CDP did and I believe the damage on the CDP pictured above was also caused by the mags that came with it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just for the record... ALL my mags are McCormick mags!

I wasn't trying to diss CMC, just warning about what can happen with aluminum frames. I personally don't own any aluminum 1911's anymore, and probably never will.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
BigBoreBob and Eric Houston, please note that the damage displayed is on aluminum framed pistols. The Kimber TLE and SA Loaded are both steel and you should not have a problem with McCormick/McCormick style (aka Kimber factory) mags.

I will repeat, I only use McCormick Shooting Star mags in my Les Baer Custom Carry (steel framed) and have no trouble whatsoever with them.

And while we're at it... many people rave about Wilson mags and that's fine... however, Wilson mags will not function reliably in my CC. Choose the mags that work best with your pistol, just remember that McCormick + aluminum frame = damage. ;)

Hope that helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.