1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
18,583 Posts
Interesting Strider. Nice beavertail/ducktail on the P-35 but still the same ol' factory looking thing on the Mil-Spec pic that you posted in the other forum...

·
Administrator
18,583 Posts
Huh?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Was this set up for a lefty? I see that the right side lever of the ambi safety is larger than the left side lever.

And are those Ashley express sights?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LW- That is a factory lookin' grip safety on the 1911, but we reshaped it and the hammer to make it more comfortable and eliminate bite.

Ned- I'll assume that was a compliment.
Coming from you it means a lot, thanks.

Matt VDW- It was set up for a righty, the safety just looks somewhat big because of the photo angle.

Yes, those are Ashley Express sights. The front is a tritium "standard" white dot which was dovetailed into the slide and blended to match the contour. The rear is an Ashley express with a white vertical bar in the center of the V notch.

HTH

------------------
MD Labs/Mad Dog Knives

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That was indeed a compliment. Let's just say the same word came to mind when I watched Lara Croft on the big screen last night in Tomb Raider. Hope that doesn't violate any forum decency policies!

An all-Parko'd finish is hard to beat. It just says, "I'm not here to mess around".

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny you mention it, that was my reaction too!

The finish on this gun is actually our new multi stage bonded lubricant finish, not parkerizing.

------------------
MD Labs/Mad Dog Knives

·
Administrator
18,583 Posts
Originally posted by Ned Christiansen:
One word---

SPROINNnnng!
Ahhhhhhhhh...pardon my ignorance. The Lara Croft comment made it crystal clear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts