1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well while looking in the handbook that came wiht my new colt, I noticed they had the "Government model" separate from the 1991 model...what gives? Maybe this new one replaced the 1991? Either way it looks sweet, and i am glad I found one

·
Registered
848 Posts
U-J-T, does it say 1991 on it at all. I was in Firearms Plus the other day, and the counterman told me I was looking at the "NEW" 1991. While the flats were polished it did say 1991.

------------------
O.K., My Turn

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine does not say 1991 ANYWHERE on the gun, it says "Colts Government model", then below that ".45 Automatic", and the symbol of colt to the right of those, and on the right side, it sais "series 80"

·
Registered
848 Posts
That's what I wanted to hear. Glad I didn't buy the one I saw. I'll wait until they really get the new style. Good luck with yours, as usual let us know how it shoots !!

------------------
O.K., My Turn

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
According to Colt, "Government Model" is the new rollmark for the 1991A1 Model. Don't be surprised if you see some inconsistencies on the box labels during the changeover.(Just a hunch.)
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by clark.45:
That's what I wanted to hear. Glad I didn't buy the one I saw. I'll wait until they really get the new style. Good luck with yours, as usual let us know how it shoots !!
Actually, we have the new roll-marked one in the back, we didn't put them out side-by-side. We'll be at the War Memorial show this weekend if you're going.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Originally posted by FirearmsPlus.FL:
Actually, we have the new roll-marked one in the back, we didn't put them out side-by-side. We'll be at the War Memorial show this weekend if you're going.
I'll be there!

------------------
O.K., My Turn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts