1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in the magazine sticky, it appears to be older, like pre 2004!

I have seen in CDNN they sell both mec gar 13 rounders, mecgar 15 rounders and factory browning 13s with the springs on them...

I was thinking about picking up 3 15 rounders, but 6 extra rounds means nothing if they will break...

What do you guys think? should I get mec gar 13s?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I haven't had a problem with either. I picked up some Mecgar 15rders for the first time about a year ago through CDNN-and they have been just fine. It appears the only difference is the follower; I may be wrong, but the spring seems the same as well.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I was reading in the magazine sticky, it appears to be older, like pre 2004!

I have seen in CDNN they sell both mec gar 13 rounders, mecgar 15 rounders and factory browning 13s with the springs on them...

I was thinking about picking up 3 15 rounders, but 6 extra rounds means nothing if they will break...

What do you guys think? should I get mec gar 13s?

HotRodColt,

Generally speaking Mec-Gar magazines are quality made or many pistols on the market. You can't go wrong with them in any form. Personally I like to stay with the 15 rounders. My two cents only.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The 13rd and 15rd are the same magazine AND spring as far as I could always tell. Only difference seems to be the 15rd has the hollow plastic follower as opposed to the solid rubber one in the 13rd.

The 13rd mags were more reliable in my older Belgian Hi-Power. Sometimes the slide would lock back prematurely with the 15's.

13 or 15rd Made no difference in reliability in any of my MKIII's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts