1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Para-Ord in .40 S&W, which I bought thinking I could put on another slide bbl combo and have a dual purpose weapon. As it turns out the pistol has a ramp/bbl type set up, and the slot in the frame for the ramp portion of the bbl may be too narrow for a .45 :hrm: -- anyway I need some 15 rd mags for it, and Mecgar prices are near 1/2 of the factory mags. Are Mecgar mags good quality??:scratch:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
1. Yes, you can convert to 45acp or another caliber. The new caliber will also use a ramped barrel. No, the ramp is not too narrow for 45acp. In addition to the slide and magazines, be aware that you must also change the ejector to 45acp.
2. Yes, MecGar magazines work. In most cases, you cannot fit an extended base to MecGar magazines, but if you're not interested in an extended base pad then you're OK with MecGar. ProMag magazines sometimes work, sometimes not. ACT magazines work very well.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TC, any suggestion for a source for the bbls & slides???

·
Registered
56 Posts
maggar is made in italy and are top notch, they are used by many manufactures to make their factory magazines... maggar is top notch unlike pro mag stay away from pro [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts