1911Forum banner

Medallions or no medallions on blued 1991

1193 Views 18 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  scottauld
Waiting for my first Colt, should be here midweek.

What's your thoughts on gold Colt medallions?

This is the gun:

These are what I'm thinking of putting on it:

Thoughts?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Administrator
80,951 Posts
I like medallions on a commercial pistol too. The industry standard double-diamond grips are so ho-hum in my opinion. Back in the 1980's a set of exotic wood grips was something to catch your eye, but nowadays there's just too many of 'em out there.

· Administrator
80,951 Posts
Just make sure the grips you get don't have the "mirror-image" medallion like those on the picture above. :eek:

· Administrator
80,951 Posts
I guess those are the special ones to fit on Colt's Conceited Commander models, for those who like to pose in the mirror with their handguns. :hrm:

· Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,409 Posts
All of my guns that have Colt slides and frames have medallion grips. I prefer fully-checkered, but do have double diamonds on a couple. Colt has made quite a few different medallions over the years, and I try to have the proper "flavor" for each gun. I think the bright gold ones look best on polished blue, bright silver medallions on polished stainless or chromed guns, etc. I have some older, subdued silver and brass-look medallions that would look better on something less flashy, like a Gunsite. I chose a set of those older, silver ones for my stainless '91A1, with deep burgundy-colored grips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.