1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there use Meister bullets? Comments on quality? I usually shoot Laser Cast, but found some Meister bullets (230 RN) at my local store much cheaper than the Laser Casts. I wanted to make sure they were a decent product before I went on the hook for 500 of them. Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have used Meister bullets for years. Now I will let you know up front that we do sell them, but regardless of that, I have found they are a very consistant product. Their alloy is bought pre-smelted from a foundry, so it is of consistant hardness, about 14-16 on a Bhn scale. They use a fairly hard lube, I believe it is Rooster Red (tho it is dyed blue for the bullets we sell). Years ago we did Ransom Rest testing for lubes, using the same bullets changing only the lube, and achieved the best results with Rooster Red lube.
Laser cast products are also an extremely high quality and consistant product, and absolutely nothing here is meant to impune their product. In our testing, Laser cast has performed just as well as Meister bullets.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've used the 200gr SWC behind W231. Worked well enough. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

S.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use meisters. They're great!

I use the 200 gr lswc meisters in my .45 exclusively for paper punching. The are accurate and cost effective. I like to load them up with 5.0 gr of bullseye. Shoot em by the hundreds. I think the best prices I have got on them were from dillon precision for $45/1000.

dave.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Meister Bullets .452

The only negitive I've ran into with thier bullets is the .452 dia. as opposed to the .451. They ran through my Colt GC fine but Would note camber in my Defender. These were 230 LRN.
Now running with Rainer 230 RNFP in both. Cleaner.

·
Registered
203 Posts
All of the hard cast lead bullets that I have come across are .452" in diameter and the Meisters are no different. The Meisters are made in Phoenix just a tad bit south of the airport I believe and they do make a very good bullet. My brother in law lives in Casa Grande, AZ and goes up to Dillon's all the time to purchase the Meister 200 grain LSWC along with his powder and primers. The last time I was out to visit him we had to make three trips to Dillon to keep ourselves supplied as we were going through components as quickly as we were buying them. Needless to say we bought a bunch of other "needed" items while at the Dillon store.

The problem he was having several months back was that all of the Meisters he was buying from Dillon were too large in size, they were running up to .454" and once and a while he would find some at .455". They were giving him fits, however the problem that they (Meister) were having must have finally gotten resolved because he has not reported any problems related to his bullets for quite some time now and he shoots a bunch of these things each week. Unless you have a very good local bullet caster available to you like so many of us do in this area, the Meister bullet is about as good as anything you can buy and in most cases for a lot less money.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Meister Bullets

Meister bullets are first rate. I have shot thousands of .30 carbine meister bullets with hot loads and never a trace of leading in the rifle. Believe me - I have a 14 year old and when we go shooting, andtake a friend of his along, we measure our ammo supply by the 3-lb coffee canfull.

I have Also shot several thousand .380 bullets through a Colt Gov"t model and a CZ-83 with no leading. In my opinion they are much more cost-effective for a volume shooter than Laser Cast . If I didn't cast my own .45 and .38 bullets by the thousands from wheel weights I'd buy nothing but Meister Bullets in those calibers too.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have used them in my 45 LC and they are a good quality bullet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys; i appreciate the feedback. i live in aurora, CO (Denver metro area) and found a place with good prices on the Meisters. Plus i can just drive and get them and dont have to sweat S&H.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts